Archos, a French based company planned to release an electric scooter with an Android phone built into the handlebars. Connected to the motor, the phone will feature software that allows the user to see and control the scooter’s functions.The phone is no powerhouse, but is 3G-connected and enables data while on the move.
There’s a certain demographic of city-dwellers who love electric scooters. Smaller and lighter than a bicycle and requiring only a small amount of physical exertion to operate, an electric scooter is a fun and easy way to get quickly from one area of a large city to another.
With that in mind, the company focused on urban mobility, the Archos Citee Connect, an electric scooter with an Android phone built right into the handlebars.
The phone’s specs are nothing incredibly special, with a 5-inch display, 1 GB of RAM, and 8 GB of storage running on a quad-core processor. But it does run Oreo right out of the box and is directly connected to the motor of the scooter, giving users a unique controller for their new method of transport.
The scooter features a multimedia dashboard that reportedly incorporates all the functionalities of smartphone for easy usage on the go. It’s Called Citee Connect.
The electric two-wheeler price will start selling this summer for about $617. French company unveils the world’s first android powered scooter.
- The scooter has a 5-inch computer display
- Citee Connect features a 5-inch android computer display that sits between the handlebars and is protected against shocks and bad weather.
- Even though it is not clear exactly what all can the screen be used for, it can definitely run Google Maps for user-friendly navigation and commute.The hardware also features 3G support, and the vehicle can be fully charged in 2-3 hours.
- It’s lock can be remotely controlled via smartphone app
- The electric scooter has 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of flash memory, runs the Android Oreo operating system and is powered by a quad-core processor. Users can also download a companion app on their smartphones that can remotely control the scooter’s built-in lock.
- Build The scooter can reach a top speed of 22-25 km/h
- Citee Connect has puncture-proof 8.5-inch wheels, a 250 W motor, and a 36 W battery. It can support up to 220 pounds of weight.
This variation is due to its energy-recovery system since automatic braking recharges the battery and extends it by up to 15%.
The scooter can reach a top speed of 22-25 km/h with a range of over 25 kilometers in urban areas.